the ??The 200 crore money laundering which was carried out from a barracks at Rohini Prison with the help of prison staff had a crucial exponent, Sukesh Chandrashekhar’s wife Leena Maria Paul revealed the Law Enforcement Directorate. According to ED’s indictment, Leena Maria Paul, who is an actress, is a con artist and strategist and the mastermind behind the schemes “designed to launder the proceeds of crime,” ANI news agency reported.
The case dates back to September when Delhi police arrested Sukesh Chandrashekhar and Leena in the ??200 crore money laundering case. But the investigation into the case yielded sensational details, starting with the modus operandi of impersonating government officials and the alleged connection to many Bollywood figures including Jacqueline Fernandez, Nora Fatehi, etc. . Sukesh and Leena have dozens of fancy cars, a sea-bungalow facing Chennai which have all been seized by the ED.
As part of the case, Sukesh was arrested first and as soon as the news reached his wife she deleted all evidence, the ED said. Leena claims she has no role in anything while ED says co-defendants in the Arun Muthu case, Anand Moorthy and Jagdish have said “specific instances where she threatened them”.
5 things to know about actress Leena Maria Paul
1. Leena Maria Paul is a Malayali actor who was seen as a Tamil rebel in Shoojit Sircar’s Madras cafe.
2. Her modeling-actress career started in 2009 and she has featured in films like Husbands in Goa, Cobra, Biriyani, etc.
3. There are reports that Sukesh and Leena Maria Paul started dating in 2010 and Sukesh told him he was from a political family.
4. This is not the first case in which husband and wife were arrested together, in 2013 they were arrested for allegedly duping a Chennai bank of ??19 crores. After this case, they moved to Goregaon and were arrested in another cheating case of ??10 crores.
5. In 2018, two people allegedly hired by the underworld don Ravi Pujari fired bullets at a luxury nail salon in Panampilly Nagar in Kochi, owned by the actor.
The Enforcement Directorate believes that Leena was not only the beneficiary of the proceeds of Sukesh’s latest crime in which he took money from the wife of former Religare Enterprises promoter Shivinder Mohan Singh, but is also the key to locating the money. ED is now investigating whether the money was invested overseas.